Horseback ride into the Andes mountains
Staying in Santiago? Get out of the city for the day and see another side of Chile! Let us take you in to the Andes mountains on horse back, with Chilean cowboys as your guides.
Suitable for first time riders or experienced horse riders. Come with the specialists for an unforgettable day in the mountains.
1. You arrive at our mountain ranch – Parcela Rose – in the Cajon del Maipo, where the English speaking hosts will greet you and introduce you to the arrieros (cowboys) and horses who will be accompanying you on the ride into the mountains.
2. After a short introductory chat on riding in the Andes you set off into the mountains, along the top side of a beautiful river valley passing cactus and rock formations. Routes sometimes vary at the guides discretion.
3. At the top of the valley, you will stop for a picnic lunch with a difference! Take in the wonderful views as you rest and enjoy your lunch.
4. Head back down the mountain paths to the parcela where your hosts and driver will be waiting for you with a refreshing drink. Bid farewell to horses and arrieros and head back to the city in time for your evening entertainments.
The ride is usually from 11a.m-approx. 3pm. We can be flexible with timings if arranged in advance. We provide helmets.
Transport options and Taxi costs:
Transport is not included in the tour but we are happy to organise it for you!
We can pick you up from your address in Santiago. A car for up to 4 people costs 45,000 CLP total return and a minivan for 5 to 8 people costs 65,000CLP.
Pick up will be at 9.30a.m
Alternatively, we can pick you up at Metro Station Las Mercedes for 25,000CLP total return.
The journey takes just over an hour from the centre of Santiago.
How to book this tour:
Fill in our enquiries form and we can give you a more detailed quote for your Day Ride.
Or send us a whatsapp to +56 9 5938 7729
Horse Riding Chile on +56 9 5938 7729
Availability: All year round
In winter the mountains around are snow-capped and on certain days we can ride up as far as the snow, usually in full sun. In summer it is warmer, the rivers sparkle and the cactus may be in flower.
You will feel the mountains in a way it is impossible to describe. The mountains are steep, the paths often narrow but the routes we take are safe if you go with our excellent guides. This trip has been rated by Trip Advisor as one of the top 20 ‘ things to do in Santiago’ when visiting Chile.
Things to do in Santiago – Who is it for?
People wondering what to do in Santiago with a free day and who would enjoy a great tour, an adventure into the Andes. Perfect for everyone: first-time riders and onwards, people looking for a real taste of Chile, things to do around Santiago. The best Santiago day trip!
We will send you into the mountains on horseback with our great team of guides. Our guides are real working arrieros (Chilean cowboys) experts in horsemanship, travelling and survival in the Chilean Andes in the Cajon de Maipo. Our horses are strong, quiet and well-mannered. This is one of the top things to do in Santiago.
Children on Horseback
We are happy to take children (7 and over) into the mountains and they usually get wonderful pleasure out of a ride of this kind. Also it is normal to offer discounts for children in most activities but we have the problem that children put a much greater responsibility on us and also a greater cost. We normally send at least one extra guide and horse to make sure that children get proper care and attention as there are risks involved. For that reason we cannot sensibly give discounts, although we try our best to give a reasonable price.
Summer special: Evening tour package (not including transport):
- Evening ride from 4 pm – 7.30pm (timings flexible in Summer)
- from 45,000 Chilean pesos per person – please inquire about availability.
Check out the other Horseback riding packages we offer:
All prices are in Chilean pesos. Contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org or Horse Riding Chile on +56 9 5938 7729